Friday, January 12, 2007

Zeal of life

I was born in a land eons ago – long before you came, (4:28)
A time when life had just begun, first paces of its game
Winds then sang the tunes of love, life devoid of hate,
Even I – the spirit of blessed life, couldn’t control fate…

Seasons changed, life moved on spurring vibrant change,
Animals came to rule the lands, twas’ life’s crude exchange
Green leaves and vibrant petals thus moved aside in peace,
Paving a path for the stronger race to rule the lands on lease…

I witnessed the new forms of life, pondering with a frown,
Unsure of this new emotion, the hunger of the new form
The animals spread out in ease, crushing the world I knew,
With each blow that they landed, I was left bruised anew

The water soon began to dry; the winds began to ease,
Did so arise the thought–“Weaker forms should cease”
Animals divided themselves and species came to be,
A glimpse of coming horror, the world didn’t then see

Change – the base of growth, change the world was made,
For love began to weaken and sweet songs began to fade
In such times did new creatures, two legged came to be,
New powers inside them, sparking – hope to set pain free

Spread faster than the wind, might greater than I’d seen,
Powers extraordinaire, with thought blessed they’d been
Like a storm came he, for such cunning thoughts had he,
Before life could react, supreme ruler he’d claimed to be

Witnessing the carnage of man, pain did surge through me,
With his greed and sorrow, he unleashed the world with hate
Then turn did he to his own kind, no sign of greed’s abate,
He satisfied his hunger, feeding from each spare plate

Divide did he to pieces, every last ounce he’d with a knife
He believed he owned it all and shed blood to conquer life
In his frenzy to rule – did he opportune the evil of war,
And while he bled his brothers, did I bleed with him afar

And now I stand a cripple, drenched in the blood of life,
At the weakness I wonder – when I would cease to be…(9:00 PM)

Manas R Moothedath
7th Jan 2007

No comments: