Friday, January 12, 2007

Celesté

It was a cool summer night when I’d gone out for a walk and I was – as usual, ‘jobless’. I was just pondering about how useless my life was when I saw her in the sky. I’m not sure as to what made her notice her, amidst the array of all the bright twinkling stars that surrounded her, but I was for a second amused – curious to find out the reason for her uniqueness. For there she lay creating an intricate pattern amidst her kind. The thing that struck me about her was the fact that she shone with a constant dull glow and did not twinkle like the other stars around her and before I knew it I’d begun talking to her. She was a little shy at first and hardly used to talk at all and it was quite some time later that she began to warm up to me and felt free to talk. She said that she was lost and alone, ‘unwanted’, she claimed herself to be…I was amused at first, unsure of what she expected of me. I was no philosopher, I was no guide. I didn’t even have my own life in control. But something about her drove me on – urging me to at least try. We spent months together talking, about everything around the skies – from the sun to the galaxies and all the other planets around. She kept asking me things that sometimes left me at a loss…for after all I was only human and SHE was the star , whether she saw it or not. But I didn’t want to let her down, I didn’t want to give up, thus I made myself try harder to answer her and search deeper within myself for ideas. With each new meeting out bond grew stronger, helping me grow focused and her glow brighter. We hardly noticed time fly by and soon we were woven into our own busy lives. Years later – I look up at the sky I see a star shining brighter than all the rest that filled up the expanse above smiling down at me. I smiled – for I had helped her see herself and she had given me purpose. Now I walk about looking above – searching for another little dull star… …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u know wat dis reminds me of..dat thing u said abt how u shud take life...the stones shud roll...if they stay in the same place then they get walked over n if the stones roll it moves..and dats how a person shud move on..