Friday, January 12, 2007

Gone in 60 minutes ;)

One fine morning I wake up and find, (8:00 AM)
An email from god that said “Ahem”
Surprised, I open it up to then find,
4 words inside, “One hour to live”

One hour!? #$%#%WHAT??$%^&(!
Oh my god! Oh god! Oh my! Went I,
What do I do? Aaargh, I was lost,
A few minutes spent cursing my fate,

I remembered that my clock was ticking away,
I set an alarm on my watch and sat to think,
Taking a deep breath, I tried to keep calm
The calmer I seemed, the more confused I got,

Trying a different approach, I ran between rooms,
Thinking of all the things that I wanted to do,
For never had I thought that I would be found,
Trying to figure the last wishes before death,

Should I call up my friends, I asked myself.
No! Thought I, for it was too late for that
Should I read one last book, I pondered,
Discarded the idea – had no books so short,

Then my head was hoarded with what to do,
By now I had started to feel, slightly mad,
A beep on my watch did thence interrupt,
Alarming me, for I’d lost half of my time

Phew! Damn! I told myself – exhausted
Man! Waiting for death seemed so tough,
That’s when I had an amazing brainwave,
There in my eyes shone the perfect release,

Lying on my glass tea-table beside,
Was a pizza brochure – idea sparked!
I’d spend last few moments of my life,
Eating a pizza – Life’s greatest delight,

I then put through my call frantically,
Blurting, I wanted the best that they had,
Topped by each delicious topping they had
Layered by all of their choicest of cheese

I sat down on a chair, pretence of calm
Drumming my fingers, waiting for food,
The funniest thing – the thought of pizza
Shut out the fear inside of oncoming doom

I wondered for a second as to how it’d end
Would it be a quake? Tsunami? A Storm?
My mind drifted back to my last treat
Mm.., I could smell the cheese in the crust

Then I broke out of my reverie, stared at the clock,
Just a few minutes to spare, my food wasn’t there
My mind exploded in fury towards the pizza guy,
I decided – NO WAY” was I paying this guy,

That was when the bell rang breaking the thought,
In eager anticipation, I then ran towards my door
But alas, I saw not the step, last thing that I saw
Was the edge of my table right in front of my eyes!

As my consciousness then slowly faded away
I half laughed as I realized a pizza killed me!(9:30 AM)

4th Jan 2007
Void Thought

No comments: