Friday, January 12, 2007

Sparkle

I smile – setting my face aglow,(3:54 AM)
Still smiling, I think back of times
When life wasn’t singing a tune
When smiles never reach the eyes,

I smile wider as I think of you,
Your enthusiasm – joy for life,
Most of all – my favorite part,
Your amazing, disarming smile,

I look around searching for you,
And in the midst of crowd I find
Something amiss – I couldn’t see
You – for me, you were your smile

I look around, for that special light,
That lit up your face – essence of life
I wonder where it could have gone,
Knew – can’t hide true beauty long

And then I found you hidden behind,
A face that seemed to be hardly yours
For what I got to see – what I witnessed
Was but a shadow of brightness bygone

I know not what could be pricking your heart,
That casts such a shadow across iridescent light,
Pardon me, But you see selfish am I – utterly so
I shall not let you deprive me of pure joys of life,

I know not your dreams and know not your pain,
In fact I couldn’t even say that I know what you be…
But one thing I do know and that I declare to thee
I’m in love with your smile – which you can see,

For shining off my face, my smile bright and true,
Is but a reflection of what you hold within you (4:23 AM)

11 January 2007
Void Thought

No comments: