Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Alight

Alight

I stare at my watch as minutes ticked by, (23:38 Dec 31 2006)
And here I am walking, yet again at a loss,
I move across deserted, eluding streets,
A chilly breeze – silent was flowing be-side…

I walk along slowly now, staring at the sky above
Shone the moon almost whole, but alas! No stars
The spectacle did bring a smile to my cold little lips
For there was she – shining bright, all alone – like me

Empty streets did greet my path as I drifted through,
I see no life cross my sight as the breeze left me too,
Did lead my legs to a cold bench where I came to rest
And to the sky so empty now – close my eyes did I.

Dreamlike, my mind whirled on churning out thoughts,
Days gone by like images did flit across my blinded sight
Each path I’d crossed, both big and small lit up my heart,
And every single smile I’d held with all love I did befriend

Loose ends that I had tied, all fights that I had fought,
Books that had grown with me, words that I did write
Each dream, each word which I had spelt echoed inside,
Reminding me – I was alive, for not in a dream was I,

Thoughts both good and bad alike did turn about within,
Each thought, dream and sound did fill my mind with doubt,
For did I want it to move on? Ready was I for times to come?
Come tomorrow and then see that new days had come my way?

Fore a thought could get across and bore into my mind,
My eyes lit up – so bright above and with it did the sky
The moon gave way to brighter lights that lit the skies
Silence was shattered – The world did thence come alive

And as I stood staring at the lights that drank the sky,
I heard distant peals of joy – the breeze now did bring,
Each new breath, did rekindle fresh new warmth inside
For now the night had come alive, lost all trace of cold

A vibe of life did flow within, for left amazed was I
A new day born, new times begun, symbol of new life.
I grinned at the moon – and smile did she, now not alone.
Now stood I not alone, as light shone off my pools of sight. (00:06 1st Jan 2007)

Void Thought

No comments: