Monday, October 23, 2006

Pretence

Pretence

I looked back at the voices fading away,(9:34 PM)
Dragging along the path ahead of me,
Was there a meaning in all these lies?
Is there a life, amidst mindless pretence?

I find no meaning, no trace of life,
Tired of lying about how I now feel,
Tired of all games with hidden deceit,
Sick of the lies that I ensue on forth...

What’s the baseless point in acting all nice?
Paint a plastic smile across an abstract face
Laugh at humor so dry it makes me choke...
I wonder if this is fun...then what am I?

The winds have changed, time moved on
I stare blind at these faces around me
Act as though they make sense, but why?
Why lie? Why try? When it’s all a LIE?

The patterns of condescending lives
Stretched across times gone by
Sometimes merge, sometimes cross
But mostly, they just lie – Lie and LIE!

The strain is too strong, the lies too far gone
Air too thick with the stench of pretence,
My breath stops for an iota, making me choke,
Then I realize that I need take it no more

For now I have the fire, the desire
The energy the feed, the force
Need not the comfort of false ties
Moved on have I, have you, and has LIFE!!!(9:45 PM)

Void Thought
20th Oct 2006

No comments: