Monday, October 23, 2006

Deception

Deception



Once upon a time eons ago(11:30 AM)
There was a fair land – pure and true
Blessed lands were they, by a higher force
An aura of peace did it seem to hold

The blue extended from the ends of the world
The green leaves chattered, swaying their souls
Breaths of moist air, coursed all through the lands
Life layered above over an expanse of golden land

Twas’ amongst this land that I once lived
A child with lively, twinkling bright eyes
With this sacred land did I share a bond
A tacit agreement wrapped up in love

The wind – my best friend held all my secrets within
Blue skies with their expanse drank up my soul
Green leaves on the cue were like whispering pals
And then came love, the soft moist golden land

I pranced about with the wind day in and day out
With every breath that I took brightened my face
My skin tingled from soft caresses of the wind
Their jokes left me rolling about – half crazy

But as the days went by the breeze became warm
The leaves drooped down and then grew brown
The sly although blue – now simply and expanse
The warm earth turned dry and cold as life spun

I was shocked, confused and irritated at heart
For I couldn’t see how friends could be thus
Hard did I try to make amends and to realize,
But alas! Was left each night – empty hands beside

Tears drenched me for the sorrow was too great
My friends, my love, my faith and my life betrayed
They moved on with life, and left me far behind,
To lay wretched alone, soiled and embittered by fate

Soon seasons moved through and colors tuned by
And with time dried my tears and pain inside
For a brutal witness was I to life’s deception
A deception by form of friendship and love

Now, as the sun starts a day and shines with his might
The rays leave me unfazed like the rock inside(2:35 PM)
4th Aug 2006

No comments: