Monday, October 23, 2006

Celluloid…

The milling crowd disperse at night,(5:40 AM)
I walk along the path staring about,
A lost look smeared across my face,
An inner sense – Something’s not right,


I stand there again as the sun does rise,
Monotonous as always, the same old sight,
Then, life moves like it always does…
For you see, here’s where the cliché lies.


Each face seems bright radiant, aglow
Every lucid movement across my path,
The plastic smiles, redundant signs,
I stand, unnoticed watching life flow…


I wonder what rests beneath the sheen,
Under this flimsy sheet of pretence and lies,
Wonder where this path could lead,
Ponder what the signboards could mean…


Pretty soon, I’d put them all on paper,
All the flaws of all the ones around,
I am sick of these – conceited souls,
I stay away on ground that’s safer…


Then, land ahoy! I saw the end,
All my effort was to get its worth,
For I saw the path in front of me lay,
It came to an end across the bend


Smirking at the fools left behind,
I rushed along, across to the end,
Full of ecstatic joy, I go around,
Expecting to find peace for my mind,


But alas, around the fateful bend,
I find a huge mirror, right at the end,
And in it a young face did I see,
A tremor of shock did it through me send…


Staring back at me was a conceited face,
Complacent, plastic sneering at life,
And I was left thus, wondering aloud,
In the quest to be not…have I become not?????(6:32 AM)

Void Thought
September 19, 2006

No comments: