Monday, October 23, 2006

False Pretences

Why show me all these pictures (11:31 AM)
So vague, concealed in lies,
Why show me a world not for me,
That can never set me free…


Why make me see the light around,
When to darkness I am bound…
Why play these games with my life?
When devoid of an aim I ride…

Tired am I of these games, blistered are my feet.
I try to smile and play along, hoping it shall cease,
But whilst I lay drenched in elusive void sights…
Somehow, the darkness cheats – shows what’s right.

I go about proclaiming greatness of some kind,
While behind these lies – dances fear, eating on my mind,
The flimsy cover blown apart, I find – to nothing did I bind,
For you see – What I am, is absolute incomplete defined.

Yet again you play with me ruthlessly unkind,
Thus in this race does my mind, fall far behind
Hang onto the thread of life, knowing from the first,
I understand cuts on my feet are meant to quench your thirst…

All the blankness makes complete sense.
For I see the truth – now all dense
Normalcy for a ‘freak’ like me,
Just false pretences meant to be (11:43 AM)

Void Thought
27th Sep 2006

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, but you see there is real beauty and some solace in the 'make believe' when the real world does seem harsh.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.