Sunday, June 04, 2006

Spark




There was a time in my life when the sky was blue (6:03 AM)

When the sun shone gold and thus life felt so true

But as days went by and the green trees grew old

Put out was the sun and the world grew cold

I dragged on thorough the night with the cold and the wind

Staring up at the cloudless night as darkness further dimmed

For the roads were too worn and the world to forlorn

As I was a trace of a past which they shut out every morn

Soon the road turned narrow and my shoes worn and torn

Only barren fields by my side with dead wheat and dry corn

It felt as though life was a chapter of the past bygone

My views were like words from a melancholic song

Soon days turned to weeks but hidden stayed the sun

Neither food nor sleep was part of the web that life spun

My shoes were to worn and my lips all cracked and parched

My legs gave away to blisters and pangs of pain as I marched

Thus, as the ghosts of yesteryears left me in peace

I learnt how to forget and thus my pain did cease,

My wounds weren’t healed but my scab sealed them out

My heart turned to stone and my mind ceased to shout

Then as I moved on towards the end of the path in a trance,

I happened to stare at the cloudless sky by pure chance

There, nestled in the midst of the dark tresses of the night

Shone the spark, a twinkle than then faded out of sight

I stared at the spot where the star has shone last,

For she had changed a moment with the spark she’d cast

Then as I stood at the edge of the path and stared out,

I saw the horizon light up slow and then passed out

I wish I wake up and see that the spark was for real

For the spark, gave me hope to escape my ordeal

I lay on the cold road my wounds bleeding anew

I peeped at the blue sky and tasted drops of dew (6:30 AM)

Manas R Moothedath

March 25, 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey manas... im spellbound.. im lost... truly a magnumopus....

Laxmi said...

Interesting work...its a lot like u...n yet so not like u..nice..n im sooo gonna keep reading ur blog!