Sunday, June 04, 2006

Raisom Detre(Reason to live)



Stark silence envelopes each corner I pass

The echoes chant along - resonant sounds,
Along the path behind and the lights ahead
I see no meaning - no illumine cast


I curse the skies for the stormy seas,
I scream out to the air for winds of peace
Deflated, deranged I introspect days gone by
Only reams of pain did they forecast


I lay back and stared at the black sky,
No stars - no light to show me my path
Why such sorrow and failure drenched my past
Left with no energy at hand to make each day pass


Anger within - was my only source of solace
An uncontrolled flame by only fury led,
For as the orange skies, bear witness to me
I wait quiet, a quest for vengeance within


As moments turn to hours and then to weeks
The sky turns black and thence cold with ease
Me - my voice lost amidst the gale of disease
The disease of hatred that doth breed within


As I stood there, a tingling laugh pierced the air
Hardly audible - more like an echo of a thought,
A shiver ran down my spine - making my mind freeze
But waking me up - now I was rapt with unease

Fore I realize myself, I start running wild,
The cold wind brushes by playing with the song
I trip on a rock tumble and thus twist my leg
Dragging on I limp in search of the voice - The dream

The voice now more clear was so clean and pure
Making my soul flutter, more than I could endure
I crashed down held there by an unknown force
So light, yet strong - the force behind the voice


And soon my breath passes out to a void patch
I feel the fire burn out within my fluttering heart
My quest - my reason to live quenched part by part
I give in to the force, the voice and the warmth


The warmth ? I wonder as my eyes flutter open
Have I not lost the one thing in my life,
My anger, my vengeance my meaning of life ?
As I stand up I find my heart - a candle of peace


I move slowly now all confused at first
But as I slowly move on - I do realize
The sky was still black, cold wind did fly by
But I felt not the cold or the pain by my side


I stared across and found a new shining star
And enlightenment dawned of true Raisom Detre



3rd April 2006
Manas R Moothedath

No comments: