Monday, March 05, 2007

Silver lining

The darkness faded away – renewing my sight, (7:07 PM)
I blinked - confused at the brightness beside,
Felt my body devoid of the scars of my past,
Relish the warmth that did radiate inside…

I moved about in wonder for so light did I feel,
Try accept this new form, so complete, surreal
Fear of the sounds of my dreaded past did fade
As my ears did open to new sounds all around

I smiled for a second, as the traces from my past
Trickled away into oblivion at my newfound path
My face crinkled for a second, as thoughts flit by
And then I could see it all, transfixed in time…

Sight was but clouded by shades black and grey,
Time was yet static, playing a boisterous game
For blind was I made by ugly patterns of fate
Even traces of faith had been – ‘aye’ in vain

Phases when darkness and gloom prevailed,
When the echoes of the cries did linger inside…
Encroached by shadows, forfeited by sight
Lain had I cheated, soiled – defeated by time,

You came as the flame – that lit up my skies,
Bleed into the darkness, bleaching it white
Struck at the shadows, like bright little stars
Did light up in my eyes – streaks of insight



Your faith in my form - scarred barely alive
Made me do something I’d so long left by…
Somehow you knew, what I needed to hear
To learn how to dream, hope and live anew

As the last of the darkness flitted across,
I remember my last sight of your pure face,
So serene and so brave – yet childish, lost
Before I was sent to this haven beyond life,

Somehow I know – a day shall you come
Free of the binding that holds you back
I sit on the sand staring up at the sun,
Waiting for the day, you’d be by my side (8:10 PM)


Void Thought
3rd March 2007

No comments: