Saturday, March 31, 2007

I am not God

I stare into the woods; the breeze picking up its pace and soon the sounds that it brought along enveloped my conscience. I breathe…trying to let it all go and I tell myself… "I am not little enough to be perturbed by the winds". The winds of time change their tune and I try to make space for all the new things that the wind had brought along with her the way that I always do…Make way and take in all of it – in one single go. But this time, it was different… the volume that I had to take in left me aghast, shocked at all that had come along my way this time…But until this day the when did blow east screeching in its fury and anger there did always exist a breeze due west that made me feel I could take it all…I try to forget it all and perceive the world as I see in what I believed was 'A larger sight'. But fail did I this time…Ah! Yes it did…unexpectedly – yes, for never had I even in my wildest of dreams expected something so drastic and out of the blue…I was I had believed "Not little enough to be beaten…to lose" but aye, so wrong was I…for I had underestimated the strength of the wind and it blew down – raining me with the rubble from the ruins that had come in its path. The cold stones cut into my flesh, making me bleed and for a second I felt better, the warm blood flowing across my skin and I tried yet again to convince myself… I said "I wasn't so little to let go … to give up". And then, as I lay there amidst the restless dust, I waited for the sun to rise and slowly felt the cold bite into my wounds…making them bleed anew…

And finally realization struck and with the feel of the cold rocks against my face, I let it all go…and broke down sobbing helplessly…for you see I had finally accepted that "I AM NOT GOD!!!"


1 comment:

Ller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.