Saturday, December 29, 2012

Perspective


I wake up - my breath a little short (9:04AM)
I know as I look up - what comes next
My eyes ache, ever so slightly 
The head throbbing, sleep overdose

My feet touch the cold floor - it pushes back
A quiver slips down my spine, instant unease

I stand in the shower, warm water tricking down
Can't shake the unease, sense of deja vu overdose


I smile softly, nay not joy, not happiness but a grin
A cold, forced glare of teeth that shone eerily 
For I'd had enough of the monotony, the pretence
It was time to change, break the comfort of 'known'


I look around me at the life that I have ended up with… 
The seemingly bright shades begin to fade - reveal 

What lies beneath the bright paint, the real deal… 
I shake my head, clearing the sounds of the bells… 


My eyes flit across all the things that I had deemed worthy
The brightest of lights, lose colour by the second, slowly, surely
A deep breath takes away the smell of roasted coffee, fresh bread
I move on, towards the tangent of my sight away from the diminish


Time slows, for what seems like days - I walk on… determined
I feel the fatigue catching up with me, sense of loss draining me 

The whispers continue now, fainter by the second.. sight gives away
I fall softly to the floor - feel the weakening of my senses as I give way


My fingers sift through the moist soil, as I push myself up… 
A deep breath leaves me with the smell of the earth - the ground
Words echoes out to me from the dark in a faint soft whisper
"You only feel what you truly have - in a state of eternal loss" 


I smile softly now… this time a glimmer in the eyes… 
And I knew at that moment, that its going to be alright (9:26AM)


30 Dec 2012

No comments: